Selasa, 10 Jun 2014

Day 1 (Batam, Indonesia - 07th to 09th March 2014) - KTMB's Senandung Sutera Train Journey.

If want to read: 



Jika mahu baca di dalam Bahasa Melayu: 




Introduction



My plan for this journey began when I just surfed FireFly's website on 11th February 2014. Actually I have planned to go to Riau Islands but it was not serious plan. After saw an advertisement which FireFly have already fly to Batam and the price, quite cheap which was RM69.00 included with administration fee and fuel surcharge (then I know it was no included Batam airport tax). So, immediately, I booked a ticket from Batam to Subang at 09th March 2014. To Batam, I planned to ride KTM's train to Singapore then continue with MRT to HarbourFront jetty and then to Batam by ferry. 


For the accommodation, as usual, I used  Agoda service because most of time its price was better than Booking.com, Hotels.com and others. There were a lot of cheap hotel, buat I chose Pagoda Hotel because in Google Maps, I sawthis hotel near to some shopping complexes and near to Batam city centre.


At 22nd February 2014, I went to KL Sentral to book KTM InterCity train to Woodlands CIQ for 07th March 2014 trip. Actually, I can booked through KTMB e-Ticket but then I will not get discounted priced fare (because I am KTM Tiger iCard Discount cardholder, can refer my posting about it here), which it can be bought at KTM InterCity counter. If without discount, I had to pay RM34.00, but with discount, I had to pay RM28.00 only.


07th March 2014 (Friday)

After I backed to home from workplace, straight away I prepared for this journey.My wife got her family business and already went out with my children when I arrived at home, so I need to do myself.

The clock at the wall showed 2130 (9:30 pm), so I went to KL Sentral by my scooter. Within 15 minutes, I arrived there. This time, I chose to park my scooter at under Plaza Sentral's building which an covered parking area. This was because, I want to park my scooter for longer time than when I parked my motorcycle while my journey to Hat Yai by train before that. Plus, I just want to try this parking area.


After I parked my scooter, I walked to departure gate B as be stated on the ticket. As usual, there were a lot of people and after 10 minutes later, the gate been opened, and I went to downstair to platform and straight away to my seat inside of Train 25 Senandung Sutera.


This was the coach which I sat about 9 hours after that. This time, accurately on 2230 (10:30 pm), the train wheels rolled over. Maybe because of tiredness, plus with the darkness of the night and I was reguar with the route (the same route with KTM Komuter to Sungai Gadut), so I being slept.

To be continued to Day 2.
Or want to read Day 3.

Jika mahu baca di dalam Bahasa Melayu: 

Tiada ulasan: