Jumaat, 13 Jun 2014

Day 3 (Batam, Indonesia - 07th to 09th March 2014) - Fly Back to Subang.

Continue from Day 2.

If want to read:  Day 1.

Jika mahu baca di dalam Bahasa Melayu: 





09th March 2014 (Sunday)


I woke up at 05:00 am. Approximately 5 minutes later, been heard a prayer call. I continued to perform the duties of the Subuh prayer in the hotel only. As my flight was at 1110 am, then there was still plenty of time. Furthermore, I believed, many business premises are closed. So I continue to treat by watching television. Beside that I surfed internet, free WiFi offered by hotel. I followed my Facebook and WhatsApp updates, which I noticed the main topic was the loss MH370. I was watching TV, especially TV news news news focus MH370 loss. Even I can see, the scope  MetroTV and One TV news seems like to be a tabloid, sensationalised stories MH370, to show footage of black box suspected to believed belong to MH370 (then known that the tape was a recording of Adam Air black box on its tragedy in 2009). We are Malaysian media not swayed and more disciplined in scope headline.

Since I have not had breakfast, at 0700 am, I went out observing surroundings. But despite stalls was not open yet. I need to be hungry more.

As my stomach began to "sing", then 0800 am, I decided to check out. Easy and fast just transaction. I continued to walk out, automatically, there is a man sitting under a tree called me. I menggangukkan my head and continued his run to take the car. Before getting into the car, I asked how much the fare to the airport. He said Rp80 000 (+ - RM24.00). Deep in my heart a bit expensive for a car (not normal taxi) to travel nearly 20 km for about half an hour. I tried bargaining, various reasons were given, but I cauld not wait to get to the airport and want to leave Batam which was less attractive (not fair expressed, originally I intended to walk more places, but my heart is as uncomfortable with the hassle people in Batam this).

Along the way, the driver of this car guess me come from Jakarta. Maybe from my accent which was trying to imitate the sound of Jakarta accent, but I do not believe Indonesian think I am Jakartan. Undoubtedly, some Jakarta Indonesian accent is still there a little bit in my mind, but I do not think it happened. Means that a given price is the price of Indonesian not as Malaysian, huhuhu. Ngak sangkain gue. Then I said I wanted to return to Kuala Lumpur. He surprised!!!

Simply did not ask his name because do not want to feel bound to be friends, because my heart was felt disappointed with people of Batam. But we also upbeat talk, the issue MH370, the Malay identity of the two countries, to the general election (election), the story of the Chinese Indonesian and many more. He said he came from Padang (so he is a Minang) and has over 20 years in Batam. There are obviously Batam is not seem like a city with Malay identity. They want to find a bowl of rice yield rapid progress in this Batam. I managed to say, if in Malaysia, Minang to, the Java, Banjar to, even a Chinese convert calculated Melayu (Malay meaning in Malaysia is an open race), not like the term tribal or ethnic Malays in Indonesia dedicated to ethnic Malays in Riau ( including Riau Islands) and Jambi. Then he knew.

Fun of chatting, traveling for less than 40 minutes does not feel although he drove a bit slow. Luckily I got out early, if I ask him to bring speedier and feel it will be charged more. We arrived at Hang Nadim International Airport in Batam approximately 0900 am, I leave a note Rp100ribu and thanks to him, and Rp20ribu balance given back to me.



I did not straight away check in, because there was more than two hours away from my flight. So I walk around the airport terminal building. This airport reminds me of the Sultan Ismail Airport, Kota Bharu, Kelantan (LTSI). Between them, more or less the same size, but this airport is rectangular in shape, contrast with LTSI, the L-shaped one. Another, public area of this airport is not closed but covered (about LCCT), which means no air conditioning facilities. The gate separating the open ventilation with air-conditioned indoor space with room check-in is from check in counters area restricted only to ticket holders only, and in this gate there will be a security inspection by airport security. Other than that are not allowed. If has already checked-in, to get out, means need to go to security inspection again. Very different system right here. Majority airport I have been, check-in counters are included into the public area until boarding hall only. Check-in area for domestic and international flights are the same. 

Before I check in, it  better for I walked just to know this airport. This was the first and possibly last time I was here. If in Malaysia, it looks like an express bus terminal than an airport. Even Pudu Sentral and TBS more modern than this airport. There were quite a lot people this morning. Maybe it was because that day was a Sunday morning, many people want to return home. There were many facilities here. I hopped into a gift shop before, because I did not buy any souvenir in Batam. I bought a fridge magnet, even just one, because they were relatively expensive, Rp25 000 (+ - RM7.50) for one piece. Price of same thing at Sultan Mosque in Singapore was cheaper... Then I want to buy a  I Love Batam T-shirt, but cancelled it, because the price Rp50ribu (+ - RM15 per piece).

Further, because I felt hungry then I sat down in a Nasi Padang restaurant. I chose a plate of plain rice with the dendeng bolado (hot beef jerky) and some slices of young jackfruit cooked with coconut gravy  with a cold bottle of water chilled Sastro's Teh Botol (bottled tea). I was relieved. Although it is located in the airport area, the price of my food just only Rp30 000 (+- RM9.00) only. Alhamdulillah.


After lunch, it already 0950 am. I proceeded to check-in counter to perform check-in process. At Hang Nadim International Airport, Batam,  there was no facility to check in online (web) or via smart phone (mobile), so need to check manually. Here I was hard to find check-in counter of FireFly. At last, I found it, located at the tip of the right (if we are from the check-in entrance gate). Maybe it was because FireFly service is still new , about less than six months. I continued to check in without check-in baggage, as I only have backpacks only. Submitted passport for booking confirmation and print emails, but check-in clerk said not necessary. Once done, I was given boarding passes.


After that I immediately headed to departure hall. But before that, we need to pay the passenger service charge or  known as the airport tax. It was not included in the air ticket and need to pay seperately. Boarding pass should be given to the counter clerk and we need to Rp100 000 (+- RM30.00) for international flights. For domestic flight, just only Rp30 000 (+-RM9.00). This charge applies to all passengers regardless of Indonesian citizens and not. To pay these charges, to pay using rupiah  like my experience at the ports in Indonesia. For information about charges either at airport or maritime port, it is only paid when the departure only and not on arrival.

After paid, I got a piece of adhesive (sticker) and it was attached on my boarding pass. After that, I headed to the international departure hall located on the left side of the escalator. The escalator heading to the top floor is where it leads to domestic departure hall.


Before entering the international departure hall, I have to go through immigration counters for immigration procedures. Alhamdullillah, I did not encounter any problem and a stamp was been stamped in my passport. For me it was prettiest stamp I ever have. Both passport stamps in and out of Indonesia in Batam is quite different than in other places such as  at Tanjung Balai Karimun jetty.


After that, my bag had to be scanned again and so do myself, this time by the customs. Then, I can get into the departure hall or departure gate. Apparently, there was only one departure gate and no air bridge facility. I guess, because now only the new airport handles international flights and planes are just a small turboprop aircraft like ATR72. I saw just FireFly only international flight operators here and Malindo Air's ATR72 aircraft will be here soon.

Departure hall at here are quite same as big as LCCT one which I used to Shanghai in November 2013. Here, can we see the activities in the main runway, the taxiways and parking of aircrafts clearly. 


I saw my flight will be delayed while because at 1030 am, the time should be FireFly from Subang landed (based on information board) had not touched down yet. Ten minutes later I noticed a new, orange and white plane on the runway. I could saw then this airplane parked quite far from form departure gate and passengers from Subang out to walk to the arrival hall. Finally, fifteen minutes later, our FY3426 passengers can move towards the plane.


When I was greeted by FireFly's stewardess, I was pleased to have Malaysian Hospitality which are friendly and sincere. In fact, not angry and laugh, when I took the picture as below. After all the passengers took place and ready to go, then at 11:25 am the aircraft departed smoothly.


I got a seat by the window. I can see the topography of Batam, east of Singapore, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Selangor and Kuala Lumpur. When entering Selangor, the air quite dim because the haze hit the central part of Peninsular Malaysia. After an hour and fifteen minutes, the aircraft FY3426 aws flying over to Kuala Selangor and then turned heading to Subang. At this time I switched back my iPhone5 to DiGi SIM card. Alhamdulillah, at 1350 (1:50 pm) Malaysian time after one hour 25 minute flight, this FireFly ATR72 aircraft safely landed at the Sallehuddin Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, Subang (LTSAAS). Alhamdulillah, when the MH370 issue keep been talked, thanks to God, my journey using air transport arrived safely.

Out of the plane, I went to the immigration counter for my passport scanned. Because I was in the middle (because my seat was in front of the plane, then I was late to out , because the entrance and exit of ATR72 is on the back of the plane), so I did not ask for the immigration officer to stamp my passport . After immigration, I went to the prayer room to perform Zohor prayer.

Prayer room at Subang Skypark Terminal (commercial name of the passenger terminal complex LTSAAS) is upstairs, when out of the arrivals gate, to turn right, and look for the escalator or stairs about 30 meters to the right and up. Prayer is on the left after the toilet. Alhamdulillah, I was able to perform the prayer of Zohor and Asar jamak qasar prayers.

Once done, I could saw from the top floor, the planes including plane I took parked at aeroplane park area. Next, I went to the bridge to cross Jalan Subang - Sungai Buluh to go to the bus stop to take the RapidKL bus route U81 or U81 (W) to KL Sentral. As I walk, I surveyed the parking lot for motorcycles. Just like there is no formal parking lot, but can park in several areas within the parking area. Maybe pay, may be free.

I realized, that is nobus stop accross of Subang Skypark but have to walk 200 meters to the front, after the entrance to the headquarters of MAS & Firefly. During the walk, I missed a bus. But when I arrived at the bus stop, I glance back and a bus U81 seem about to arrive. I ran and alhamdulillah, it stopped and I rode it. The fare to KL Sentral was RM2.50 (sorry I lost the ticket before I could take a picture or scan it into digital image form).


 

Along the way, there were no traffic jams, an interval of 20 minutes, this bus arrived at KL Sentral. I went to the parking lot where I parked my scooter in Plaza Sentral, and at 1515 (3:15 pm), I arrived at home. Finally completed my adventure with my transportation modes. After this, if Allah can follow hiking holiday with my family on the island of Borneo anyway. 

Hope to see you again, insya Allah in the next entry. Assalamualaikum.


Kembara GD - Terokai Dunia, Kenali Kehidupan...

If want to read 



Jika mahu baca di dalam Bahasa Melayu: 

Tiada ulasan: