Khamis, 22 Mei 2014

Day 1 (Karimun Island & Kundur Island, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia - 28th February to 02th March 2014) - Towards to Pontian By Bus.

If want to read: 
Day 2
Day 3; or 
Itinerary.

Jika mahu baca dalam Bahasa Melayu: 
Hari 1 (bahagian ini);
Hari 2; atau 
Hari 3.


26/02/2014 (Wednesday)

At this day, while I was surfing my Facebook News Feed, I read Pak Nasir ( Facebook id: Mdnasir Ahmad), one of a coach of a government training agency under Prime Minister Department, which I worked once upon a time ago, told that he want to travel to some regions in Sumatera began 01/03/2014.



Actually he mentioned to do this journey a long ago. I interested to be with him in this journey. At the first, he planned for this journey will be held in May or June, but he took it earlier, because he will do a bicycle tour around Malay Peninsular (which this tour I cannot participate, number one, I do not have a bike (just an excuse), number two, my leg injury caused by a motorcycle accident 2 years ago, still can be felt under my knee, to do an heavy duty job like paddling the bicycle, I will feel the pain. That why, Pak Nasir decided make this journey earlier. After I knew he make the journey earlier, and my duty leave are not to much, I decide to not participate at first.

Then, on this day, my heart said, I need to participate this journey, even just untul to Karimun Island only. For the information, if I take this journey, this is my first time to Riau Islands Province (it a state level, if in Malaysia). There was a long time, I ever been to Indonesia, last time was 12 years ago, while worked with a Indonesian government related company. Poorly, when I worked at Johor Bahru after that, I did not went to Riau Islands Province, even though there already near by.


Before 2004, Riau Islands was a part of Riau Province in Sumatera, but at that year, both were seperated. For more information, can refer to Wikipedia about Riau Islands Province or Google. At below, there are some related maps for this journey for reference.

  Riau Islands Province, Indonesia's map.

Karimun Island's map.

I checked my schedule on this weekend, it was free, so I commented in Pak Nasir posting, that I will follow him but until Karimun only. From Karimun, I told Pak Nasir, I will back to KL via Singapore and Johor Bahru. He agreed and asked me to wait him at Kukup, Pontian, Johor, where is International Ferry Terminal is situated. I checked for bus ticket to Pontian for a night journey at TBS eTicketing website. Huh, there was a 23:30 (11:30 pm) trip. Normally, a bus journey to south Johor will take about 6 hour if in day journey, but if in night journey, it will be faster!!!. Insya Allah, I will arrive before Subuh azan. Suuddenly, I booken and printed eTicket first, after that I needed to bring that to be exchanged for real ticket at TBS soon. Now, to buy bus ticket so easy.


For the information. Pak Nasir is from Semerah, Batu Pahat, that mean, he and I came from same district, but he stay in Melaka very long time. He has already asked me for travelling, but only this time I accept it. I afraid that he will fed up with me and do want to offer me any more...

I can not wait for Friday night for trip to Pontian... PONTIAN!!! YOU WAIT FOR ME!!!

To tell about Karimun and Riau Islands, there are not much I can tell, because I do not ever been there. I felt a great lost, when I worked at Johor Bahru before, I did not went to these part of the world, even thought there already near by. But, what I know, people of Riau Islands' way of talk and accent are like Malaysian Malay (especially Selangorean, Melakan dan Johorean Malay). This for originated from Riau not from other region of Indonesia, who are emigrate to Riau Islands. As not mistaken, my late maternal grandfather said, I have relatives at this area. Wallahu a'lam...



Before this, I have already changed my money to Indonesian money (Rupiah or Rp) at my friend, Zul Khan, who has a money changer business, Akbar Money Changer Sdn Bhd at Jalan Melaka (in front of Bank Muamalat). Originally, the change was for journey to Batam on next week from this journey. But I have an oppotunity to Karimun, I used to use the money first. For RM300, i got Rp 1 047 000... I felt I was a millionaire!!! These are the Rupiah notes, that been received.

 Rp 1000 Note = +- 30 sen (Malaysian)

Rp 5000 Note = +- RM1.50 (Malaysian)

Rp 10 000 Note (2012 version) = +- RM3.00 

Rp 50 000 Note (2005 version) = +- RM15.00

Rp 100 000 Note (2004 version) = +- RM30.00

Rp 100 000 Note (2013 version) = +- RM30.00

Also, I brought also Singaporean money, which I saved from previous trips (I have relatives there, who I sometime visit them). This is because, I planned, from Karimun, I will back to KL through Larkin Sentral Bus Station, Johor Bahru, via HarbourFront, Singapore. At Larkin Sentral, there are more frequency of buses trip to KL than at Pontian. 

 5 cent (Singaporean) = +- 13 sen (Malaysian)

10 cent (Singaporean) = +- 26 sen (Malaysian)

20 cent (Singaporean) = +- 52 sen (Malaysian)

50 cent (Singaorean) = +- RM 1.30

SG$ 1.00 = +- RM 2.60

SG$ 2.00 (old (paper) still in use) = +- RM 5.20

SG$ 2.00 (new (polymer)) = +- RM 5.20

SG$ 5.00 (old (paper) still in use)  = +- RM 13.00

SG$ 5.00 (new (polymer)) = +- RM 13.00

SG$ 10.00 (old (paper) still in use)  = +- RM 26.00

SG$ 10.00 (new (polymer)) = +- RM 26.00

SG$ 50.00 (paper) = +- RM 130.00

After I made an arrangement with Pak Nasir and be verified, about 2 days, I was not patient to have this journey...



28/02/2014 (Friday)

The day that been waited is on... After back from work, I straight away packed up my Dueter Futura 28 liter bag, which been my companion for about 2 years... This bag is so durable... I should do this, because I need to go to TBS from home at 22:30 (10:30 pm) because my bus will depart at 22:30 (11:30 pm).

Exectly at 22:30 (10:30 pm), after did my Isyak prayer, dan got the forgiveness from my mum and all family members, then I went to TBS by motorcycle. Even though it already at late night, but traffic condition at DUKE & MRR2 still a lot of vehicles. May be because of that night was a Friday night, many people want to get to their house of back to their hometown.

As I arrived at TBS, I straight away went to 4th floor, alhamdulillah, there still have some motorcycle's parking space and there were covered parking. So, my motorcycle can be covered from heat and hot (at this time, KL was do not received any rain). The parking is also free of charge. Alhamdulillah...



(Latest update - 11th July 2104)
It is not fair if I do not put cars' parking rate, for those who want to park their car here. The rate is RM3.00 per entry per day. 


Then, straightly go to 3rd floor, to change my eTicket to the real ticket at a special counter. The real ticket look like this:



The time when I arrived at TBS just abour 23:99 (11:00 pm), so I just got arround the terminal, took some picture and bought minted Mentos as an solution for sickness or just wantt to eat. TBS, so great, bus terminal seem like an airport..



(Latest update - 11th July 2104)
Now, we can change money to foreign currency at TBS because it is a money changer, Sumber Jalur Sdn Bhd which is a Merchantrade francaisee has opened at lot 17, 4th floor (opposite of food court, above of TBS' tickets counters). Exchange rates (I take selling rate which is if we want to buy the currency) are very competitive, just like rate at Masjid India or Ampang Park, which is for US$1.00 = RM3.21 and ฿100 = RM10.20 (rate as on 11 Julai 2014).


Also,we can go to klia2 from TBS beside from KL Sentral. With only RM10.00, Jetbus bus services will depart from TBS every hour from 0300 (3:00 am) to 2300 (11:00 pm) every day.


At 23:15 (11:15 pm), I went to the platform at 2nd floor, to wait the bus to arrive. I gave my ticket to TBS' staff before took the escalator to be verified and stamped. My boarding gate was at Gate 1, just in front of escalator. There was a waited bus, but not Mayang Sari's bus. After that bus departed, the my bus parked at parking bay at Gate 1. ooo, this bus will stop over at Muar & Batu Pahat... That was ok, as long I will arrive at Pontian in very-very early in dawn...



OK, for next day journey log, insya Allah it will be continued in Day 2.

Or want to read:
Day 3; or 
Itinerary.

Jika mahu baca dalam Bahasa Melayu: 
Hari 1 (bahagian ini);
Hari 2;  atau 
Hari 3.

Tiada ulasan: